The thought of having a needle piercing through your penis sounds weird and frightening. But to many it is a complete game changer. The kind that has made their sexual life and that of their partner an unforgettable experience.
There are varieties of male genital piercings that have been murmured to increase sexual pleasure but 2 of these stands out of the crowd. This include the Prince Albert piercing and the Jacob’s Ladder Piercing. The Prince Albert piercing is a ring piercing through the head of the penis. On the other hand, Jacob’s Ladder piercing is a series of 3 or more frenum piercings underneath the shaft of the penis and can extend from below the head of the penis right up to the base of the shaft (around the scrotum). It is done using barbells or rings and organized in a way that gives it a ladder-like appearance.
Here is a link on how the Jacob’s ladder look like (Note: Viewer discretion is advised. Must be 18+)
Why do men perform a Jacob’s Ladder Piercing ?
It is done with the intention of providing sexual pleasure to both the owner and his partner. This is achieved thanks to the shape of the rings or the barbells which enhance sexual stimulation. At least the body enthusiast and their partners have testified to this. Although some people experience sexual stimulation, for some it might not make things better neither will it make things worst.
Is a Jacob’s ladder stimulating during anal penetration?
While it can be pleasurable during vaginal and oral penetration, it is not the case when it comes to anal sex. It can rather be painful especially for the bearer. This is because the anus by nature is very tight. However with sufficient lubricant and foreplay, the penis can slide in comfortably but then only the anus will likely feel the beads.
What are the advantages of a Jacob’s ladder?
Apart from sexual stimulation, the Jacob’s ladder has some advantages which other male genital piercings don’t offer.
- It heals very easily in about 6 to 8 weeks.
- There is complete flexibility in that it can be done either at the bottom, side or top of the frenum provided the barbells or rings sit at 90 degrees to the shaft of the penis.
- You can do as many as you like as long as the length of your penis allows.
- It is a secret only you or may be your partner is aware of. No one needs to know about it. This means no fear for what people will say.
What are the disadvantages of doing a Jacob’s ladder piercing?
- With a Jacob’s ladder, you become more susceptible to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). This means you have to practice safe sex at all-time except you have just one sex partner and 100% sure that they are faithful.
- You cannot sleep on the piercings. But for those who sleep on their back or side, it’s definitely not an issue.
- Not every partner will appreciate this piercing. Some will not like it and will refuse to interact with you sexually. Talk to you partner before doing it. If you are the type who changes sex partners frequently, then take this point seriously.
What you need to know before and after doing a Jacob’s ladder piercing
- The Jacob’s ladder is not for everyone. So be sure it’s what you really want.
- The jewelry used is a 12 or 10-gauge titanium barbell with some extra length to accommodate swelling. Longer jewelries are used for thicker penis.
- The quantity of frenum piercings done will depend on the length of your penis
- You can do only two to three piercing at any given sitting. This helps the piercing to heal faster than when you do more than three at a go. Secondly you will experience more pain if you do more than 3 piercings at a time. But you can always do more after a month or two.
It takes 6 to 8 weeks to heal on an average. However it is recommended to wait for at least 3 months for it to heal completely.
- After performing the piercing, you could bleed for up to 5 days. For some people, this might not be serious bleeding while others might not experience this bleeding at all. In either case it is a good thing to put on a sanitary pad.
- After doing the Jacob’s ladder, you need to avoid exchange of bodily fluid for at least 6 months. This means no form of unprotected sex, no swimming in a pool to avoid contamination, no lubricant and avoid spermicides. You can have protected sex but the condom you use should not be very tight. The reason for all this is because you have an open wound in soft tissues. This puts you at risk of cross contamination or tearing of these soft tissues.
- During the healing period, it recommended not to engage in sexual intercourse. But if you feel you are good to go, then start slowly and make sure you feel comfortable about it. If not stop right away. Besides don’t forget that no unprotected sex during the healing period.
- You need to practice proper hygiene. Wash your hands with antimicrobial soap before touching the penis, don’t put on a pant for more than one day, put on clean clothing, use clean bed sheets and towels at all times.
- Dip your penis into sterile saline or salted distilled water twice daily for about 5 to 10 minutes. After this, rinse it with running water. When holding your penis, try to do so from the tip as much as possible and avoid touching the piercings.
Are you interested in a Jacob’s ladder piercing? Then do this.
Once your mind is made up about doing a Jacob’s ladder, then look for a qualified piercer. One with sufficient experience and a proven track record. Consider the working environment and procedure of your chosen piercer. It should be clean and on point. Piercing the penis will create an open wound and you don’t want to risk getting contaminated.
To learn more about piercing, visit the associatio of professional piercers here.